Last Updated on November 6, 2019
This week, we’re continuing with the second 2 of 4 Marketing Systems you can put in place to consistently follow up with your Power List and generate more repeat and referral business. Put these 4 Systems in place, work them consistently, and you’re going to see results. We promise!
Plus, we’re including a BONUS 5th Marketing System at the very end that has had the best results for top agents all over the world.
System #3: The “Unexpected Gift System™
Last week, we talked about some of the benefits of making people feel special. Well, few things make people feel as special as when they receive a gift, especially when it’s a surprise.
Here’s a marketing system that plays off the “Perennial Post Premium” you learned about in our article on after-sale systems. But in this case, you’re sending a special, small gift certificate just to your Power Players when they’re not expecting it.
Here’s what you do… Just go out to a local retail store – coffee house, florist, etc. – and ask them for a very special price to send a sample of their product to special members of your Power List. Remember, there’s new business in this strategy for the retailer, so they should be more than willing to give you a special deal.
Again, this is a very inexpensive, yet “touching” way to make a positive impression. You will get incredible feedback when you take this small, yet personal gesture with your Top 20% Power Players.
Here’s an example of simply giving out a gift certificate for 2 Free Coffees at a specialty coffee shop, etc.…
Note: the other side of the card would have the coffee house locations, phone number, etc.
System #4: Inner-Circle Special Event System™
You’ve probably heard about agents all over the world hosting client appreciation parties and other successful events. There’s a reason for that – they work!
So, do you want to make a positive impression with your “Top 20% Inner Circle” as a group?
Think about holding one of these events once or twice a year…
- A special wine or beer tasting party. Just locate one of your favorite distributors or retail stores, and they’ll set it all up for you.
- A special seminar or workshop. You name the topic, but make sure it’s something people would really value: Investments, tax saving strategies, and special topics.
- Hold a fashion show with a local high-end boutique.
- Create a family picnic once a year for your inner circle members.
- Have an annual Comedy Club outing. Simply go to a local comedy club in your area, and book a night when great performers will be appearing. Often you can book a weeknight and get discount rates.
- Hold a Christmas or Holiday Party.
- Hold a Sports Clinic if you find many of your clients like a certain sport: Power walking, running, cycling, etc.
- Hold an Art Show with a local gallery. This is very classy way to meet with many network members at once. Consider holding a Wine Tasting with your art show.
- Every year, buy 5 or 6 sets of tickets to your local Opera or Theatre group. Then, for each performance, give away a set of tickets to someone special. If you buy 5 sets of tickets with 8 shows apiece, you’ll have enough tickets to send 40 people to a show.
- Coordinate a New Automobile Preview with a local high-end or exotic auto dealership (BMW, Lexis, Mercedes, Infinity, Porsche, Ferrari, etc). They’ll be ecstatic you’re promoting their cars, and will gladly participate with your inner circle network.
Couldn’t you do any of these with your Top 20% Power Players, spending very little money in the process?
I’ve reproduced an invitation to a Comedy Club Party that was paid for entirely by service suppliers (mortgage lenders, appraisers, title companies), and netted over $20,000 in direct business less than 30 days after the event – and keeps pulling business… because real estate is about RELATIONSHIPS! Here’s the invitation…
Here’s the INSIDE of the invitation …
Special BONUS System #5
If you have a true back-end marketing system to deepen your relationships, continue bringing value month-in and month-out, and position yourself as a true professional, who do you think will get your client’s business when it’s time to buy or sell? And who do you think they’ll refer for real estate services when their friends, family, co-workers or acquaintances need a competent agent?
That’s why we created Service For Life – to create a ready-to-use marketing system tool that acts as 7 tools in 1 to work to maximize the Lifetime Value of every client and every contact you make in your business. Most agents are “single transaction oriented,” forgetting about their clients after a deal closes. They let their “next” deal walk out with their “last” deal. Smart agents know the value of cultivating relationships, and rather than playing the stressed-out, feast-famine, “where’s my next deal” mentality, they have a long-term profit strategy that brings them consistent business year after year. Build the back-end of your business with these house list strategies, and you could triple the value of each and every client you get.
And here’s one more bonus: Working with your house list and their referrals is easy, the clients tend to be very high quality, and you work much less to make more money.
Your Own Inner Circle
Once you have your Power List together, and you’ve started building your own Inner Circle you have limitless opportunity to follow up with them, provide value and stay top of mind. Use any one or a combination of the marketing systems we’ve provided in the previous weeks to generate business from the most valuable asset in your business. Tried any of these? Let us know in the comments below!