Last Updated on April 22, 2020
There’s nothing quite as inspiring as seeing someone figure out ways to be successful during trying times. Especially when those people are long-time members of our own network, who’ve adapted their businesses to overcome difficult market challenges.
I must say, we’re fortunate within the Agent Inner Circle® to have a huge community of creative professionals to draw from. Some of our members have influenced, educated and even challenged us to change what we’re doing to overcome obstacles.
In fact, I’m so inspired by the way these individuals engage with and adapt to the market, that I’ve created the Agent Spotlight as a way to share their successes with the entire community.
In the Agent Spotlight, we’ll be featuring agents with innovative, savvy and progressive ideas that you can take and apply into your own business right away.
As part of our mission at Agent Inner Circle®, we’re committed to infusing this community with effective strategies for managing and growing your business. So, stay strong out there – we’re here to help and support you along the way!
Our Featured Agent
Gordon J. Wallace,
This week we’re featuring Gordon J. Wallace, a savvy Southern Ontario REALTOR® who’s keeping his business going during the global health crisis using free digital tools. Right now, Buyers and Sellers are stirring at economic forecasts, so Gordon has taken to Facebook to reassure and educate his sphere with video updates on his Business Page.
Check out this video update Gordon posted last week:
“These video updates are something I regularly do, however I’ve updated the frequency with which I’m putting them out right now and what I’m focusing on. I’ve had a lot of positive responses to the content in my recent videos, so continuing to approach my messaging from a fact-based perspective, and removing my personal opinions seems to be making a huge impact.”Gordon J. Wallace
These videos aren’t costing Gordon a thing, other than his time to record them. The real win is that this small gesture keeps him connected and top of mind with his sphere of influence… and all from the comfort of his own home.
Tips for High Visibility
Are you looking to do something similar in your market? If so, try to apply some of the tactics Gordon is using to get a great response:
- Use a consistent format for your videos so people can easily identify them in their newsfeed.
- Focus on relevant and timely topics – people are drawn to content that impacts them and are top of mind. In the situation we’re in now, it’s important to address your clients and prospects with:
- Breaking down Government announcements into layman’s terms
- An economic update reviewing the metrics and why you care about them – NOT an opinion piece.
- Tips to help people while they’re home. (i.e.how to keep busy around the house)
- Local resources to help people during this time.
- Make your face easily visible – your sphere will recognize your face, which increases the chance people will notice your post in the first place.
- Provide a quick written summary – including the key takeaways from your video – this information helps draw people in and increases the likelihood of them watching.
- Use supporting visuals – everyone likes a change of scenery, so use different backgrounds in your videos. Gordon has used everything from listing photos, to his Facebook page, to websites and spreadsheets. Obviously these visuals have a specific relevance to the topic of his update, so get creative but remember to stay on point.
A sincere thank you to Gordon J. Wallace for allowing us to share his personal content with The Agent Inner Circle Community. Gordon, you’ve really thought of a great way to stay connected and be valuable to your sphere. We commend you for your quick thinking and adaptations to this unprecedented market, and we hope sharing your success has inspired other agents to think creatively too!
If you want more inspiration, follow Gordon J Wallace – Southern Ontario Homes on Facebook!
One thought on “Agent Spotlight: Use Video to Comfort Clients in Challenging Times”
Nice article Alex
Very Informative and helpful