- Getting opened
- Getting read
- Getting acted-upon
How To Use “Unstoppable” Just Listed and Just Sold Letters To Sell More Listings and Get New Clients
HURDLE #1: Getting your message OPENEDYou can’t sell your listings if your prospects never see your promotions. That may not be a shock to you, but what are you proactively doing to get your message in front of the right prospects? When I list a home, I do the following to sell it quickly:
- Get a list of names and addresses for other homeowners in the community/subdivision/area (hopefully 100-150 contacts).
- Get normal sized envelopes that you’d use to send a letter to a friend (use colored envelopes if near a holiday, like Red for Valentine’s day).
- Handwrite the names and addresses with my sellers FROM address.
HURDLE #2: Getting your message READI’ve overcome the first hurdle of getting my message opened. Now I have to do something subtle but extremely important to get my message read. People hold our promotions in front of them looking for something (anything) to tell them to stop reading. They’re trying to identify the letter as junk mail so they can move on with their day. Don’t say you don’t do the same thing. This happens whether it’s other homeowners in the neighborhood of a property you just listed/just sold or even prospects who are visiting your website. We’re all asking… “Am I going to get something that interests me or fulfills something I desire? Or, is this just another promotion I can ignore?” BREAKTHROUGH TIP: I put the letter in my client’s voice. More specifically, I do the following:
- I have my seller clients approve a just listed letter I wrote for them in THEIR voice. And after the sale, I send out a just sold letter in their voice.
- I also put the letter on nice stationary that’s personal.
HURDLE #3: Getting your message ACTED UPONThe biggest thing missing from Realtor promotions is a motivating reason to respond. This is especially true of Just Listed/Just Sold cards which most agents treat as blasting a news update to people. I find it more effective to offer something of value with a method to respond. Here’s how I do this:
- Offer free information for those wanting to buy or sell (must be specific — see my example letters below).
- Use a “hotline” number that has a Free Recorded Message (so people feel comfortable calling).
JUST LISTED & JUST SOLD LETTERS
(click the images above to open the letters in a PDF file)When I send out the Just Listed letter, I now have an additional 150 neighbors trying to sell my listing. I know they’ve opened and read my message, and they also have a specific way to send me leads! After the listing is sold, I send the follow-up Just Sold letter. This is when I start getting the calls from neighbors who want me to sell their house. They are great clients. They trust me from the start. Why? Because I was referred by their friend and former neighbor! Go try this strategy with your listings. You (and the neighbors around your listings) will be glad you did. And if you’d like a bank of letters proven to boost your production, plus the knowledge you’ll need to make them work, click here.
What do YOU send for Just Listed / Just Sold notices?
Email us to share it with the Agent Inner Circle® community. Or…