Last Updated on April 7, 2017Nobody wants to lose a potential sale, listing or lead because they are down with the flu. You can help ensure that you don’t come down with this dangerous, miserable, productivity-buster. Vaccination against the flu each fall remains the primary way to prevent this disease. In addition to vaccination, the following simple actions can help decrease the spread of respiratory illnesses like the flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- When you are sick or have flu symptoms, stay home, get plenty of rest, and check with a health care provider as needed.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. When soap and water are not available, alcohol-based disposable hand wipes or gel sanitizers may be used.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.