Once upon a time video was costly, complicated and something only professionals would attempt … but that has all changed with the advent of the smartphone and mobile devices.
In fact, news agencies around the world now depend on citizen-journalists to provide them the footage they need to create the news.
So what does this have to do with you?
Simple … as a REALTOR you now have the ability with the simple press of a button and the Facebook app on your smartphone, to record LIVE video for the world to see – literally for the WORLD to see!
*** Watch the video below because I take you by the hand and SHOW YOU HOW to do all this***
Ok – so maybe the world is not your focus but definitely your current/past customers, sphere of influence, friends, family-anyone who is or could be a potential customer!
Let me put this in perspective for you by sharing some important stats:
- Facebook has over 64 Billion Video Views Per Day (BILLION!)
- Facebook Live Videos Are Watched 3x Longer Than Videos That Aren’t Live Anymore
- Users Comment On Facebook Live Videos At 10x The Rate Of Regular Videos
Facebook LIVE video is so important that Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, says LIVE video will be given more exposure and reach in the Facebook feed than video that is only uploaded.
One of the reasons is the engagement element. People on average will watch a LIVE video three times longer. To Facebook, the longer you stay on the site, the more revenue for them in terms of sponsorship dollars.
But let’s bring this back to you and your real estate practice.
Knowing that people are more apt to respond to your LIVE video, you absolutely need to be doing this on a regular, consistent basis.
Now I know what you’re about to say … Michael – what do I say, what kind of video do I shoot?
I’ve got you covered because below I’ve jotted down just a few types of videos that you can EASILY be doing with nothing more than your smartphone.
- Just Listed: when you get a new listing, immediately get in front of the property and do a teaser-type video. Share with your followers that they now have VIP access to see this listing BEFORE anyone else does. People LOVE being on the inside, having access to something others don’t yet!
- Open House: let people know in advance that you have an open house coming up and give them a sneak peek to entice them to attend. In fact, actually go LIVE at your open house, too, to show the excitement and share some key features of the home.
- Behind the scenes: take people on a tour of your office and show them some of the things that you do behind the scenes that they might not be aware of.
- Neighborhood Tours: take us to some of your favorite places in town, restaurants, shopping centers, cool boutiques, anything that a potential buyer would find interesting.
- Just Sold: in front of the home you’ve just sold, you can tell the story of what it took to sell that property, that you still have interested buyers and need more listings in the neighborhood. You could even get your sellers on camera with you to share their excitement and give a testimonial!
There is no shortage of topics for you to be doing a Facebook LIVE video … like the NIKE commercial says … JUST DO IT!
Here are a few things to make your video more engaging, read these before you actually hit the record button – nothing too complicated but things to keep in mind:
- Set your phone for Do Not Disturb. This will keep you from being distracted by emails, tweets, notifications and all the other wonderful mind-sucking things your phone can do.
- Hold your phone at eye level and look into the lens: this will make it easier for your viewer/audience to “FEEL” like you are having a conversation with them vs. you “TALKING” at them.
- Tripod or Selfie stick: if this is going to be a longer video I strongly suggest getting a small tripod so that you will have a nice steady video. That said, if your plan is to take us on a tour then by all means get yourself a selfie stick because that will make the shot much smoother and easier to watch.
*** Watch the video above because I take you by the hand and SHOW YOU HOW to do all this***